SRI International Research Assistant - Center for Learning & Development in Arlington, Virginia
Research Assistant - Center for Learning & Development
We are seeking to hire an entry level Research Assistant in the Center for Learning and Development (CLD), at SRI International. CLD conducts a variety of research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects involving state agencies, children, families, social service programs, teachers, communities, and schools. Key areas of focus include early childhood (EC), early intervention/early childhood special education, K-12 education, behavioral health, and children and youth with disabilities. The position offers opportunities for professional growth and promotion commensurate with the research assistant’s skills and performance.
Duties may include:
• Creating and maintaining project management documents and databases
• Taking notes during conference calls and meetings
• Interacting with staff at partner organizations and field sites
• Reporting to and consulting with project leaders on work progress
• Preparing materials for project meetings, training sessions, and other group activities
• Preparing written documents, training materials, and mailings
• Creating and maintaining project files and archiving field data
• Compiling quantitative and qualitative data
• Conducting classroom observations and child assessments
• Conducting literature reviews and web searches
• Assisting in the development of data collection instruments
• Assisting in data collection, cleaning, and coding
• Preparing tables, charts, and graphs
• Organizing and managing databases
Auto req ID:
Arlington, VA, Menlo Park, CA
--There are no additional requirements for this position.
• One to two years’ experience in a field such as early childhood development, education, special education, child development, and/or educational psychology required, with strong preference given for candidates who have experience and training in early child development and programs/services (birth to age 8)
• Outstanding organizational, written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage competing demands
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point and the desire to learn new software skills
• Oral and written communication abilities in Spanish are a plus
• Valid driver’s license and access to transportation
• B.A. in child development, education (or early childhood education), psychology or developmental psychology, social work, social welfare, public health, or a related discipline
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.