Under Armour, Inc. Retail in Baltimore, Maryland
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Lead for Retail Digital Marketing is responsible for the planning, execution, and measurement of Under Armour’s Retail Digital Marketing Strategy. This position partners closely with Retail Marketing, Analytics, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, Consumer Insights, Digital Experience & Strategy, and Ecommerce Marketing to ensure that marketing objectives and business results are met. The Manager, Retail Digital Marketing understands the business units’ priorities and goals and is seen as an invaluable asset to each team. Candidates must be analytical, strategic-thinkers and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
What will you do?
• Lead the development and execution of retail marketing strategies across all digital channels, including (but not limited to) SEM, Email, SMS/MMS, Direct Mail, Affiliate, Bank Card Programs, Display, Retargeting, Social, and In-Store to accomplish business objectives.
• Develop and maintain budget forecasts, media allocation, trend analysis, and optimizations.
• Manage programs within acceptable levels of advertising spend, contribution and customer long-term value.
• Create actionable reporting around key program trends and KPIs.
• Responsible for communication of campaign details, rationale, and implementation across agency partners, key internal stakeholders.
• Manage and maintain the Retail digital marketing calendar and timeline focusing on key retail dates relating to content/stories, product drops, promotions, sporting events, and holidays.
• Have a deep understanding of the digital marketing space as it relates to direct response and the ability to drive traffic to our retail stores and events.
• Conduct research and competitive benchmarking. Use this data to suggest new media/marketing opportunities to augment the existing marketing portfolio.
• Deploy tests and provide backend analysis and recommendations after testing to continuously improve the customer experience and grow sales and increase margin contribution.
• Develop strong relationships across Retail, Ecommerce, Connected Fitness, Digital Experience & Strategy, and other departments to facilitate integrated marketing strategies and knowledge sharing.
• Activate the necessary subject matter experts to accomplish your business objectives.
What have you accomplished already?
• Minimum 3-6 years retail digital marketing experience
• Demonstrated ability to make measureable improvements in retail Email Marketing Programs, SMS/MMS, Affiliate and Bank Card Programs, Local Search initiatives, and In-Store Digital Innovations
• A solid working understanding of SEM, Display, Retargeting, Social, and Attribution
• Strong analytics skills and understanding of KPIs for digital media
• Expert User of MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience with Omniture, Google AdWords preferred
• BA/BS Marketing or related field
• MBA preferred but not required
What else is important for you to know?
• Be a critical thinker and problem solver. Leverage insights and core business knowledge to identify the problems at hand and provide tangible steps to a resolution.
• Be a “self-starter” with the ability to work autonomously and efficiently with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to negotiate and partner creatively with our external partners – demonstrating an entrepreneurial attitude combined with a “win-win” approach.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, including a passion for working cross-functionally with Retail, Merchandising, Ecommerce, Creative, and User Experience.
• Analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports, and communicate actionable results, findings, and recommendations.
• Knowledge of online and financial analytical skills.
• Excited about working in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to rapidly adapt to change and self-motivate in a results driven culture.
• Possess a “humble and hungry”, team player attitude that can contribute to the measureable skill set of a world-class interactive team.
• Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment.
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.