Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Financial Analyst in Dahlgren, Virginia
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
FINANCIAL ANALYST (QWZ-18-0883-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team in Dahlgren, VA. As the Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis. Job responsibilities are generally more
corporate oriented and broad in scope.
Essential functions will include:
• Reviews complex financial data received from managers for inclusion in indirect and forward pricing rate package submission to the government.
• Maintains documented records supporting financial forecasts used in the rate and budget area.
• Ensures management understanding of rate and budget issues.
• Ensures compliance with internal procedures and DAR/FAR government regulations.
• Conducts and may lead audits.
• May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
• Requires five (5) years of experience as a Financial Analyst, government, military, or industry (government/military preferred), with at least four (4) years of experience in one or more of the following: acquisition, analysis, planning, integrated logistics
support or program cost analysis. Ability to apply current DoD and Navy acquisition directives to Navy programs. Experience with CCaRs, STANFINS, GFEBS, SOMARDS, and ODS system are desired.
• One (1) year experience with business software; Systems Applications Products (SAP) in data processing business applications as well as ERP, IBPES, WaWF, EDW or NERP.
• Three (3) years of experience with Microsoft software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41