Freddie Mac Development, Prf in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 1
Full Time/Part Time:
Freddie Mac has an opportunity for a mid-level Java/JEE developer to provide production support, development support, system analysis, project management, and leading the coordination of multiple IT groups and numerous business partners for efforts with companywide impacts. We are seeking a self-motivated person who can work independently to trouble shoot issues, perform root cause analysis and design and develop enhancements/solutions using multiple technologies. Candidate should have passion for learning new technologies and should be a quick learner. This role also requires development skills in multiple technologies including Java/J2EE, ETL, SQL, Unix Scripts and SAS. The Enterprise Level 3 team supports all Enterprise Systems (Finance, Legal, Administration, Compliance, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and HRDI) which are critical to operating Freddie Mac’s multiple business lines, including the timely reporting of its Financials. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that enhance delivery processes, serve as a role model and mentor to the junior developers, and work collaboratively with other open minded, technology savvy and dedicated IT and business partners.
• Contribute to root cause analysis and solution of issues that arise in the production environment.
• Follow the lead of senior colleagues and technical leads and work in collaboration
• Provide on-call support during the Monthly Financial Close (typically first two weeks of the month)
• Work with multiple IT and business groups in identifying issues, deploy fixes and enhancements etc.
• Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide the L3 team/sponsors in identifying best solution.
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy applications
• Accountable for audit, certifications, maintenance and support of assigned applications
Work Location Zip Code:
• 3 plus years of solid experience in SDLC, Java EE, SQL, Weblogic, Shell script
• Experience in working with DB2, Sybase and Oracle databases.
• Knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Ability to work in a team
Work Location City:
Java Developer Professional
• Familiarity with Mortgage Industry
• Knowledge of Freddie Mac Enterprise systems (PHOENIX, PSL, Corporate Amortization, CDW, etc.)
• Knowledge on application and infrastructure monitoring tools like spectrum, site scope, Splunk, Nimsoft, river bed tools etc.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)