Freddie Mac Development, Sr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Development, Sr to work in the Enterprise Data Services department of the Information Technology division at Freddie Mac. We are seeking a motivated individual to design and develop enhancements to software applications on a DatatStage ETL (v9.x and 11.x). As a senior member of the IT development team, the Individual would independently lead the solution delivery of issues as well as lead the team. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that improve delivery processes. Be a role model and a technical mentor to junior and mid-level developers. Work collaboratively with other open minded, technology savvy and dedicated team members.
• Lead team of ETL developers, perform root cause analysis, and develop effective solutions to existing issues.
• Find gaps in the existing processes, constantly improve the processes/procedures, automate manual tasks and provide stability to the applications.
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; participate in the designing of solutions based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy applications.
• Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes.
• Able to do analysis and make code changes to the DataStage ETL, Mainframe and Unix jobs.
Work Location Zip Code:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
• Typically require a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in DataStage(ETL), shell scripting, and db2/oracle sql skills, Mainframe JCL, Cobol, SAS.
• Strong analytical and development skills required to trouble the issues and developed effective solutions.
• Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL, DB2 or Sybase database, and Stored Procedures
• Good attitude that will allow the team to perform better, work as a team player.
• Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risks.
• Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools.
• Experience in all aspects of system development life cycle methodologies including waterfall and/or agile development
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and. management on both the business and IT sides.
Work Location City:
Development, Senior (DataStage)
• Experience leading development teams.
• Experience with Mainframe and Unix
• Experience with Informatica Power Center and Power Exchange.
• Experience with Java.
• Professional who is motivated and is an effective team player
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to business partners
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Experience in Mortgage Industry or direct Freddie Mac Experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)