Vencore IT Project Manager in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
• Serve as a project manager for a secure cloud-based application, to include rollout and ongoing operation.
• Develop, coordinate, and execute a comprehensive training program for end users.
• Plan, develop, and implement strategies to identify shortcomings and inefficiencies in existing processes and suggest system development improvements.
• Promote knowledge and understanding of IT systems used in the declassification review business area, as well as new innovations and developments in IT tools and processes.
• Develop and implement strategies to identify information protection issues and problems, including those resulting from unauthorized disclosure, inadvertent release, declassification, and the collective effect of release to mitigate those issues and problems.
• Provide key input and extensive knowledge to position papers when executive-level decisions are required.
• Extensive experience managing the rollout and operation of IT projects, to include development, testing, rollout, and ongoing operations and maintenance;
• Experience creating and delivering a comprehensive training program for a web-based application;
• Knowledge of the IC structure and history, including mission and business functions; considerable knowledge of search and retrieval technologies and methodologies;
• Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to anticipate and respond to customers’ needs in a manner that provides added value and generates customer satisfaction;
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to express complex and at times controversial ideas, explanations, and concepts in a manner appropriate for the audience (one-on-one, small groups, etc.) using a variety of formats (e-mail, briefings, etc.);
• Extensive knowledge and experience in balancing competing work requirements to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met; demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to identify complex problems, a range of options, and preferred courses of action;
• Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills, as evidenced by effective working relationships with colleagues and managers; demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member; demonstrated ability to understand the differences in roles to build team cohesiveness, reach consensus, and achieve team goals; share information, knowledge, and information with the team.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired, but may be substituted with five (5) years’ experience managing large IT projects.
Postion requires BS/BA with 10 years of expereince or a MS/MA with 8 years of expereince
Job ID 2018-50517
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time