Leidos Group Contracts & Subcontracts Director in RESTON, Virginia
Corporate Contracts is seeking an experienced leader to serve as the Vice President, Group Contracts and Subcontracts Director for the Defense & Intelligence Group.
The selected individual will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Chief Contracts Executive to lead and manage a large, geographically dispersed, contracts and subcontracts workforce. The Defense & Intelligence Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace for Defense and Intelligence customers worldwide. Our solutions include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support.
The Group Contracts and Subcontracts Director (GCSD) will be responsible for the leadership of the Contracts and Subcontracts functions and staff at the Group level:
• Acts as the primary interface to the Group President and Deputy Group President for all Contracts and Subcontracts related requirements
• Leads a team of contracts and subcontracts professionals in direct support of the Group Leadership
• Provides appropriate resources, oversight and evaluation of activities in support of proposals, contracts and subcontracts negotiations and administration, issue resolution and risk management
• Leads the strategic development and management of key customer and supplier relationships for the Group
• Interacts regularly with Leidos executive leadership and senior leadership of our customers and suppliers
• Leads the professional development of the Group contracts and Subcontracts organization including recruitment, career development, objective setting and individual performance management.
• Accountable for promoting and maintaining a highly ethical contracts and subcontracts organization, for compliance with Leidos’ policies and procedures, and compliance with all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements that govern the work performed by the Group (for example, FAR, DFAR, CAS, Small Business subcontracting, DCMA Property and Purchasing System certification)
• Works collaboratively with other Group Functional Leads, Operations Managers, and Corporate to resolve complex contractual issues, and responsible for the feed and care for the Group contracts function as a whole
• Accountable for performance of the contracts and subcontracts organization in the areas of resource utilization and retention, proposal win-rate, fee and cost savings, cash flow and compliance & risk management.
• Holds contract and subcontracting signature authority in accordance with Leidos policies and procedures.
Leidos Mission, Vision, and Values
• Integrity is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
• Innovation is not limited to our engineers and scientists. We must all act as catalysts. Be tenacious and curious to help us excel, and be a part of a learning organization.
• Agility is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage. It is about being flexible, creative, and resilient.
• Collaboration is being inclusive, team-oriented, and proactively engaging—building relationships and staying connected with each other.
• Commitment to our customers and our team means we are accountable, take ownership, model servant leadership, and operate with a sense of urgency.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or related field)
• 15+ years related experience; 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to establish relationships internally and external to Leidos
• Expert knowledge within Government contracts and subcontracts arenas
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Top Secret Security Clearance w/SCI Access or ability to obtain Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI Access
• Expert knowledge in both Government contracts and subcontracts within the Defense & Intelligence communities
• Master’s Degree in Business
• Top Secret Security Clearance w/SCI Access Polygraph
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.