LCG Systems Capture Manager in Rockville, Maryland
LCG is seeking a Capture Management leader to focus on Health IT growth and capture initiatives with an emphasis on HHS other related HHS organizations. The Capture Manager is responsible for assuming primary ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Capture Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant and compelling offers. Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes - with emphasis on win strategies - themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Develop content for various areas throughout the proposal response
- Coalesce with team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position LCG for successful pursuits
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with BD leads - identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats - conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with a strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in the gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures the integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with the development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study. A degree may be substituted for relevant years of experience
- Minimum of three to seven years (3-7 years) of capture management or related business experience in the HHS space and related civilian agencies.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M;, cost plus), is expected
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for RFP, BPA or GWAC identification, customer engagement and RFP, BPA or GWAC proposal response
- The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices - demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
- Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective coaching, mentoring, and training for the capture and proposal process
- A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate. The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
- Former HHS direct experience a plus
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Code: 1354
Employment Duration: Full time