Overseas Private Investment Corporation Chief Information Officer in Washington, District Of Columbia
This position is located in the Chief Information Office and serves as the Vice President of the Chief Information Office for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering corporation-wide innovative, cost-effective, and secure information management solutions that support the OPIC mission accomplishment.
Learn more about this agency
- Vice President of the Chief Information Office providing strategic direction to the President and CEO and the Executive Vice President through the establishment of the technical vision and leads all aspects of technological development.
- OPIC senior expert on all IT design, development, and implementation of information systems directly furthering the political risk insurance, financing, and investor services mission for the Corporation and the stakeholders in each area.
- Responsible for managing and directing information management support processes, combining the functions of information technology and telecommunications to provide coordinated support strategies for meeting OPIC mission-related information needs.
- Manage all IT resources, including staff and systems to effectively and efficiently meet service agency level objectives and overall performance expectations.
- Lead an enterprise-wide IT capital planning program that includes selection, control and evaluation of IT investments and serve as OPIC resource for major policy, program, or operational initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate development, implementation and maintenance of a sound and integrated IT architecture for the Corporation and promotes effective design and operation of all major information resource management processes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is directly related to the duties and the responsibilities of this position, referenced in the mandatory technical qualifications, that equipped the candidate with the scope and level of knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the work. This level of responsibility is typically found at the GS-15 or equivalent level in the Federal Government. Eligibility will be based upon a clear showing that the applicant has had professional training and experience of the scope, level, and quality sufficient to carry out the responsibilities of providing executive level direction in planning, implementing, and evaluating IT activities to support strategic business plans and cross-functional business solutions.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants mustaddress each of the five following mandatory qualifications separate from their resume. Statements must provide specific examples that address relevant experience, accomplishments, and evidence that you possess demonstrated superior technical qualifications. You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit qualification statements specifically addressing each mandatory technical qualification requirement.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQS):
- Demonstrated ability to provide entrepreneurial leadership in integrating state of the art technology into business, financial, administrative, and insurance environment mission support activities and the ability to develop partnerships with agency leadership to define and develop practical strategies and create synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the current state of agency-wide IT policy implementation with an emphasis on assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of standing policies, driving the update of outdated or ineffective policies, and development of new policies to support strategic business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership over agency-wide enterprise architecture, IT capital planning and investment control (CPIC), and IT project management standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote the effective and efficient design, development, testing, acceptance, and coordination of the implementation of new enterprise IT services and the ability to design and support the implementation of mission-focused technology solutions that address complex business problems and information sharing challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in overseeing the internal controls for the overall agency-wide IT Program, reviewing IT products, services, systems, or processes for compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act, Office of Management and Budget, Department of Homeland Security directives, and National Institute of Standards and Technology guidance. Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Selection may require completion of a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period.
If selected, you will be required to file, prior to entrance on duty, a Public Financial Disclosure (OGE Form 278).
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
OPIC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement # OPIC-18-MP-10179293EV using Merit Promotion procedures. If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet merit promotion requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=AlternateApplicationInformation
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the resume and mandatory qualification requirements and qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. The categories for this announcement are defined as: Best-Qualified, Well-Qualified, and Qualified. The candidate's experience will be reviewed in determining the degree to which he/she possesses each of the qualification requirements. You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit qualification statements specifically addressing each mandatory technical qualification requirement. Failure to meet any one of the Mandatory Qualification standards will eliminate a candidate from further consideration. A preliminary review will be made by Human Resources. Candidates will then be evaluated for this position by a screening panel composed of a diverse mix of senior executives and/or general officers selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel discuses each application and reaches consensus to the Best Qualified candidates. Only the individuals in the Best Qualified category will be referred to the hiring official for review.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed. 2. Required Mandatory Technical Qualifications: Maximum 2 pages per MTQ 3. Other supporting documents:
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
- Cover Letter, optional If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If applicable, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. Failure to provide this documentation may result in a non preference determination. For more information on veterans' preference (see https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-employment-initiative/vet-guide/). It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10179294 If you have questions about this job, please contact the HR Office representative listed in the "Agency Contact Info" section of this vacancy announcement. If you need assistance in applying on-line, please refer to the How to Apply section above and explore the Federal Application Process information on the USAJobs website
Agency contact information
Overseas Private Investment Corporation 1100 New York Avenue, NW Washington, DC US
Learn more about this agency
For status updates on your application, please follow the directions listed above in the How to Apply section. Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. If you are selected for an interview for this position, you will be contacted directly. A final job offer for this position is typically made within several weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After confirming a job offer, all other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496830900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/16/2018 to 04/30/2018
Salary: $126,148 to $189,600 per year
Pay scale & grade: SL 00
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent